January 9, 2008

Ratu Sakiusa branches out

ASHWINI PRASAD
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - www.fijitimes.com

+ Enlarge this image

Ratu Sakiusa Tuisolia inside his fish and chips restaurant in Samabula yesterday
RATU Sakiusa Tuisolia has gone from being an economist and finance analyst running the country's largest airport, to being a businessman dispensing food.

The 40-year-old, who has worked in the government sector for 17 years, said office work no longer interested him which was one reason he ventured into the food industry.

Ratu Sakiusa, the former Airports Fiji Limited chief executive officer, recently opened the Roma's Hook and Chook Fish and Chips outlet in Samabula, Suva.

"Office work no longer interests me it was like a routine and I was becoming bored," he said.

Ratu Sakiusa said he wanted to broaden his skills and the food industry held great potential. It was an area that had long fascinated him.

"I decided to do something simple that I could manage for a start," he said.

"I have this fascination for fish and chips. Well I always had plans at the back of my mind that I will eventually get my own business to become my own boss and invest in areas of my personal interest," he said.

"I have this interest in food, going to restaurants and trying out different types of food."

Ratu Sakiusa said with the fish and chips he had tried around the world, he knew there was potential to make something better than what was available in the market.

Ratu Sakiusa said he had plans to open a chain of restaurants which started with the first one in Samabula and the second one to be opened in central Suva in February.

Another enterprise he owns is the Seven Eleven convenience store in central Suva. Both the shops employ 15 people.

He plans to make the restaurant a national chain and a franchise in the South Pacific, Australia or New Zealand.

No comments: